This looks like an excellent conference in Blackpool in June. Download the flyer here.
From the CFP:
“Key themes of interest to the conference include:
· Histories of coastal tourism developments and resorts;
· Regeneration of coastal economies;
· Social and environmental impacts of coastal developments;
· Representations of seaside holidays in popular culture;
· Worker migrations to coastal sites;
· Beach behaviours and traditions;
· Myths of the sea and coastal communities;
· Coastal resort art and architecture;
· Tourist coastal colonies.
Please submit a 300 word abstract including title and full contact details as an electronic file to the conference manager Daniela Carl (email@example.com). You may submit your abstract as soon as possible but no later than 2nd February 2009.
Conference Organisers: Centre for Tourism and Cultural Change in partnership with the Institute of Northern Studies, Leeds Metropolitan University, United Kingdom.”